The new digital electronic inclinometer from Slope Meter is a unique microprocessor based instrument designed to assist in the development and verification of slope and grade angles for the construction and engineering industries. Meeting both development and verification objectives with the one instrument has resulted in an extremely versatile device capable of reducing both construction and inspection costs.
• Digital Display The bright, four digit, LED display is easy to read.
• Multi-Scale The display can be set to percent of grade, slope, or degrees.
• Dual Axis Can show either "X" axis or "Y" axis. The unit can be programmed to transmit both axis readings to a PC or other compatible electronic device.
• Accurate The unit is accurate to 0.05 degree @ 75 degrees F with a repeatability of 0.10 degree.
• Vibration Resistant The liquid damped sensing system allows accuracy in high vibration applications.
• Error Angle Compensation Internal compensation for the error angle provides an accurate reading on either axis regardless of the angle of the opposite axis.
• Self Test Automatic self test every time it is powered up.
• Weather Proof The weather tight enclosure allows outdoor use.
• Auto Zero Feature This feature allows either, or both axis to be set to zero at the current sensor position. It is normally used to zero the unit after the initial installation or to compensate for a change in the altitude of the sensor.
• Operating Voltage Range The unit operates on readily available 10VDC to 28 VDC vehicle system voltages.
• Alarm System The unit can be programmed to activate a visual or audio out-of-range alarm.
• Serial Output The unit has serial communications capabilities at 9600 baud in the following configurations:
EIA RS-232 up to 50 feet.
EIA RS-422 through a differential twisted pair up to 4000 feet.
EIA RS-485 through a half duplex pair (will support up to 32 SM 4000RN units).
• Remote Sensor Sensor and control panel can be mounted in separate locations.
• Analog Output Units with +/-10 VDC analog outs are available. The analog outputs can be used for various applications, such as analog strip charts or reference for voltages servo automation.
The Electronic Inclinometer That Helps You Make The Grade
The SLOPEMASTER is an intelligent, digital, dual axis, microprocessor based, inclinometer. The multi-scale display indicates the angle in percent of grade, slope, or degrees. The SLOPEMASTER uses an electronic angle sensor, a unique temperature compensation system, and a dynamic computer calibration process to provide a measurement that is accurate to .05 of a degree over the full measurement range. The system is programmable and can communicate with a SLOPEMASTER DAU, a PC, and other compatible electronic devices. The SLOPEMASTER is available as a stand alone unit, or as a two piece unit with a control panel and a remote sensor. An optional analog output is available for use with electronic servo mechanisms.
SLOPEMASTER SM 3000..(Call for price) (Stand alone unit)
The SLOPEMASTER SM 3000 series is a completely self contained instrument designed to directly mount on the equipment to be monitored. The SLOPEMASTER is mounted securely in the equipment and a front panel switch performs "0" calibration in both X and Y axis. Multiple SLOPEMASTER units may be employed to measure equipment tilt in more than two axes simultaneously. As the equipment is tilted in operation, the digital display will indicate any deviation from level by displaying the actual tilt in the selected axis and scale. A desired operating tilt may be entered by a single push button by pressing the button until the desired angle is displayed. The setpoint will increment while holding the button depressed in a manner similar to digital clocks. Once a desired non-level value has been entered, the instrument will emit a beep tone and flash the display whenever tilted more than ten increments in the chosen axis and scale past the setpoint. If tilted more than twenty additional increments beyond the alarm trippoint the alarm will silence.
SLOPEMASTER SM 4000R..(Call for price) (Two piece, remote sensor unit)
The SLOPEMASTER SM 4000 series is similar to the SLOPEMASTER SM 3000 series with the additional feature of incorporating a remote mounted tilt sensor to allow monitoring of remote mechanisms when local mounting is not possible. The remote sensor is connected to the local display and control panel by a four-wire (4-wire) cable up to a maximum of one thousand feet (1000 feet) in length.
Please contact us for pricing!
Phone: 763-572-0336 or 800-521-7719 Fax: 763-572-1081
+/- VDC at 20 MA ea. Channel (X & Y axis) Noise Level Less Than 200MV No output, Gain, or Balance Adjustments Provided
On-Ground pin 22 of I/O Connector Off-Serial Command
Remote Angle Sense
4-wire shielded cable Max. Distance 1000 feet.
Audio and Visual Alarm (Beeper and Blinking Display) Provides a 1 Degree Operating Window Sounding Alarm for 1 Degree Above or Below Window (1 Percent if % Grade) External Output as Pin 8 of DB-25 Pin connector